Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19) Purchasing Information
For a guide to purchasing COVID-19 preparedness supplies by commodity with specific ordering information, please see the COVID-19 Supplies Guide.
Special Information for Ordering Goods and Services While Teleworking
It is not recommended that deliveries be made to home addresses. Facilities Management and loading docks at Pinn Hall and MR5 receive packages for their respective areas. Other schools and departments should refer to their Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) for delivery of goods. If a home delivery is an absolute necessity, orders should be placed in the UVA Marketplace and the supplier should be called to redirect the delivery.
Order office supplies for home delivery from a contract supplier
UVA’s strategic contract for office supplies is with the The Supply Room Companies, Inc. (TSRC). They have developed a way for faculty and staff to order office supplies, computer peripherals, etc., at UVA contract pricing, for home delivery via UPS. This method only applies for orders from TSRC.
- Orders are placed through the UVA Marketplace, but allow faculty and staff to enter home address and T&E Card information for payment
- Access to TSRC’s catalog with UVA contract pricing
- Shipping is free
- TSRC is a Virginia-based, woman-owned (SWaM) company
View the UVA Order Instructions from TSRC for more information.
Remote Work Connectivity
Limited-Time Free Offers
Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser.
Available Contracts with Service Providers
Contact: Keith deRenouard
Fax: (540) 512-5763
For Customer Service, Billing and Technical Support, call (800) 922-0204 or email: email@example.com
Cellular/Wireless service and phones may be purchased from Verizon using the following procedure:
1) Contact the Verizon representative listed above.
2) The Verizon representative will help with an analysis of the best plan/rate to accommodate the department’s needs.
The contract can be found at www.gsaadvantage.gov at any time under ‘Verizon Wireless’
3) Verizon will fill out a portion of its GSA Short-Form ordering document and then send to the department to complete and return. NOTE: Departments are authorized to sign the form.
4) Verizon will setup account and send email back to department to validate order. It will take approximately two to three business days to setup a new account and then another two days to receive your phone (Verizon uses FedEx 2 day delivery at no charge).
Main Contact: Pete Hatcher, Government Account Manager, State Local & Education
Secondary Contact: Shelley White, Account Executive, AT&T Business Acquisition Team
Cellular/Wireless service and phones may be purchased from AT&T using the following procedure:
1) Review the available service plans / pricing listed here:
2) Review AT&T coverage areas by visiting: https://www.att.com/maps/wirelesscoverage.html. 4G LTE coverage is now available on all cell sites throughout the Charlottesville area.
3) Review AT&T phones, PDA and products -Please contact one of the AT&T representatives listed above as pricing and inventory changes often.
4) Contact one of the AT&T representatives listed above to place an order.
Contact: Will Powell
Phone: 703-928-6382 (cell)
Fax: (813) 353-6633
Business Customer Care (for billing questions, not for ordering): (888) 573-6664 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cellular/Wireless service and phones may be purchased from T-Mobile using the following procedure:
1) Contact one of the T-Mobile representatives listed to determine the best wireless plan/phone.
2) Either provide a University Purchasing Card (P-Card) information at the time of ordering if automatically-card billing each month is preferred, or have the invoice sent directly to your department and pay with P-Card (POs are not allowed).
3) The T-Mobile representative will send an email to you confirming your order.
4) Expect delivery of your phone within two to three business days. Overnight delivery is available at a charge of approximately $20.00.
The contract can be found at www.gsaadvantage.gov at any time under ‘T-Mobile USA’