Getting Paid at the University
An invoice must reference the correct 7-digit Purchase Order Number to be paid.
This number must be clearly marked on the invoice, and on all related documentation and correspondence. Invoices without Purchase Order numbers received in Accounts Payable will be discarded without contacting the vendor and without payment.
All invoices for Purchase Orders must be sent to:
University of Virginia -- Procurement and Supplier Diversity Services
P.O. Box 400197
Charlottesville, VA 22904
or e-mailed to:
Invoices cannot be paid if sent to any other area of the University.
To Ensure Prompt and Accurate Payment
- Payments will be made from original invoices only. Payments will be made from original invoices and emailed copies.
- Invoice line items on the invoice must match, line for line, items shown on the University's purchase order. If there are any unit price or quantity variances from the line item on the PO, payment may be delayed.
- Unless prearranged by the PSDS, all payments will be paid based on the terms associated with a vendor from the date the goods were received by the ordering department, or from the date a valid original invoice is received in PSDS, whichever is later. The University's standard payment terms are net-45.
- For questions regarding specific invoices or payments, you may speak with an Accounts Payable Specialist by calling (434) 924-4212, option 1. When calling, please have the University's PO Number available.
- For Suppliers inquiring about payment statuses resulting from a Purchase Order (PO), visit our Invoice Status/Payment Lookup.
- Please use your Supplier Number to log in. Help finding your supplier number.
- For Non-Supplier inquiries, please call 434-924-3173, option 1, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All new registrations will initially be set up for payment by check. After registration, you will be contacted by the University's banking services provider, Bank of America, or its partner Paymode-X, regarding electronic payment options such as ACH or ghost credit card.
Suppliers can enroll in the premium model of Paymode-X (ACH) at the portal page www.paymode.com/universityofvirginia or contact 800-331-0974 for questions related to fees or benefits. Payment terms will be NET 20.
Suppliers interested in epayables (ghost card) payments can contact the enrollment team at 855-637-8396 or by email at email@example.com with questions or for assistance. Payment terms will be NET 20.